Friday, February 11, 2011

You've Got Egg On Your Face!

I recently started watching Dr. Oz when I've got nothing better to do. He has lots of good medical, health and beauty tips. The last time I watched him he was giving the audience inexpensive beauty tips. For example, instead of buying expensive masks to exfoliate your face, he recommended a product by St. Ives that is less than $5. I haven't tried it, but I did try the following inexpensive concoction for a cleaner, smoother face.

The recommedation was to make a home made brew of egg whites and carrot juice. His recipe was 3 egg whites + 3 Tablespoons of carrot juice. That sounded like alot to me, so I used just 1 egg white and 1 Tablespoon of carrot juice. First, beat the eggwhite with a fork until a little frothy. Then, add the carrot juice and mix. Apply the mixture to your clean face with a cotton ball, covering the entire face including eyes and chin. Don't worry about getting it in your eyes. It can't hurt you. Then, wait about 30 minutes for the magic to happen. The mixture will dry on your face and you will feel it tighten like a mask. Amazing! Then, after 30 minutes, brush off the mask as much as possible. I used a tissue and lightly rubbed to exfoliate. Finally, wash off the rest of the mask with warm soap and water. I did this, not really expecting much to happen, but was delighted with the results. My face felt clean and tight. No, the wrinkles aren't gone, but I did think my face looked fresh and rested.

When I told my mother what I had done, she said, "You've got a souffle on your face!" I used the carrot juice you buy at the market (be sure to get plain carrot juice, not the carrot-orange mixture). If you have a juicer, you can just juice a few carrots.

This was a fun, inexpensive way to get a clean glow to my face. Try it and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment