Friday, December 20, 2013

A Few Tips

A few months ago I went to Carpenteria with some friends for a weekend of relaxation. The weather was warm, yet we had fog everyday, most of the day. That didn't stop us from lunch on the pier at Brophy's (great clam chowder), a visit to the Seaside Nursery, and several hours at the Sunday Art Walk. When we were tired of walking and shopping, we went back to Christie's condo and talked and laughed. Debbie was monitoring her blood pressure according to doctors orders, and had a handy BP machine with her. We spent lots of time taking our blood pressure. Yes, we actually each took our blood pressure at least 5 times during the few days we were there. Why? I have no idea, we just did. The other thing that we spent a lot of time doing was playing with our I Phones. This is something I always comment on when I see kids doing it when they're out with friends, and here we were, doing the same thing. Actually, several of us were getting an I Phone lesson from Jan. I learned so much this weekend, like how to work my calendar, how to make conference calls and so much more. We sat around for hours and played with our phones. We also talked about everything in the world, but our motto was, "What's talked about in Carpenteria stays in Carpenteria," so I can't share our conversations. I did, however, pick everyone's brains for some blog topics. Together, we came up with a number of good ones. We also came up with some tips, for food, cleaning, and health care. Here they are: 1. How to peel a whole garlic bulb: Take two bowls of the same size, put the bulb in one, put the other bowl on top, and shake for about 20 seconds. Take bowl off and garlic bulb is peeled. 2. Use Mr. Clean to clean the cover of your I Pad. 3. Mix brown sugar and honey to make a facial scrub. 4. Use baking soda to remove tea stains from cups. 5. Use toothpaste to clean berry stains off porcelain. 6. If you are claustrophobic, keep an apple with you to sniff when you feel anxious. (I'm not so sure about this, but it's worth a try). That's all I've got for now. If you've got a really good tip, please send it to me and I'll include it next time I do a tip blog, and of course, give you credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment