Friday, July 7, 2017

An Evening At Moonlight Theatre

I hadn't been to Moonlight Theatre in many years.  I went around 2004 or 2005, and then for some reason, never went back.  However, I went to see Aida recently with four friends, and we had such a great time.  Aida, with words and music by Elton John and Tim Rice, is a modern day version of the opera.  The venue in Vista is just wonderful.  For $35 we had the best seats in the house.  We brought a picnic dinner (chicken salad, French bread, fruit salad, crispy brussels sprouts, lemon bars, and sparkling wine. 

The quality of the performances can vary.  We were lucky enough to hear some very good voices.  There's a lot of good talent in San Diego, and the Moonlight Theatre assembled a very good cast.  No, it's not a Broadway performance, but it's a more intimate experience.  You can actually see the faces of the actors!  Then again, you're not paying Broadway prices.

We brought a pillow for our chair (unnecessary in my opinion), sweaters and a light blanket.  We bundled up and enjoyed 2 1/2 hours of music and dance on a beautiful summer evening.  There are several more shows this summer, and since I bought season tickets (four shows), I'll be there again next month.  If you haven't been in a while, you might enjoy it.  I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment