Friday, September 6, 2019

Susie Says Is Back

I went on a three month hiatus after my total knee replacement on May 1, in the hopes that by early September I would be back to my old self.  Well, no, that is not exactly what has happened.  I actually feel great in many respects.  I have lots of energy, focus is back (thanks to no more meds), but I am not back to my normal routine.  The knee is still healing.

I had terrible knee pain for quite a while.  The worst of the pain is over, but I still feel tingling in the knee, and often weakness.  I would not attempt to play pickleball at this time.  Just last week, as the knee was really feeling better, I laid down on my bed and must have twisted or pulled a muscle behind the knee.  I'm quite certain this pain is not related to the surgery, but it is extremely painful, and I was hobbling around for several days.  It is better now, but not good.  I will see Dr. Bugbee on Tuesday, and hopefully he will give me good news.  Last time I was there, a few weeks ago, he diagnosed me with bursitis (in the knee) which is part of the reason for a slow recovery.

So, everything does not always go according to plan.  I had such an easy recovery from my first knee replacement five years ago, I just assumed this one would be easy too.  It has been difficult, but I am still optimistic about a full recovery.  It's been four months, and I'm hoping I will soon be able to golf and play pickleball.  In the  mean time, walking the dog and water aerobics are my forms of exercise.  Great to be back and wanting to write this blog.  I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment