Monday, June 14, 2021

What a Mother's Day


 

What a wonderful Mother's Day!  Lucky me.  I had my mom with me for the day, and although my kids all live far away, I had Facetime conversations with everyone, all the grandchildren, and my three wonderful daughters-in law.  I wanted to make the day special for my mom.  Unfortunately my sister in Temecula was unable to join us, so we carried on, just the two of us.

For breakfast I prepared a dutch baby pancake with blueberry compote.  It was just delicious, and we spent the rest of the morning talking to children and grandchildren.  We did a little shopping in the afternoon, then headed to Sunshine Vineyard and Tasting Room in San Marcos.  It's a little known special place that I like to take out of towners and even locals who enjoy wine, music and a beautiful view.

We weren't the only ones who thought of going to Sunshine Vineyard.  We arrived around 3:30.  The place was packed.  They have spacious table groupings out on the patio, overlooking the vineyard and San Marcos.  It's really quite beautiful, but there were no seats.  We got our wine from the tasting room, and figured something might open up.  Well, I saw a table for four with two people sitting with their two dogs.  I asked if we could use the chairs, and they invited us to join them.  This couple likes to dress up their two beautiful, calm pit bulls in costumes.  Nutmeg wore pearls, a necklace, a flowered headband, a dress, and painted toenails.  Bruce just had a scarf and goggles.  So funny.

A wonderful musician played guitar and sang, children and moms danced, and the adults all enjoyed their wine.  We went home around 5:30, made a wonderful creamy parmesean chicken with spinach for dessert, and watched a Netflix after dinner.  The movie  was with Helen Mirran and Richard Crowe.  I can't even remember the name of it, which tells you how much I liked it.

All in all, a wonderful Mother's Day.  I am so lucky to still have such a "youthful" mom.  We still enjoy so much together.  Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment