Friday, June 24, 2022

Boulder Has 90+ Murals



On my trip to visit children and grandchildren in Colorado last month, I discovered the many, many, beautiful murals in Boulder.  I had already seen many of the Denver murals on my last trip.  Wow, looking at murals is now something I try to do everywhere I travel.  It's really fun, and you get out on foot and really see the area.

Over the past decade Boulder has been adding dozens of murals to its city each year.  This gives local artists an opportunity to make some money, and to get some exposure.  Many of the murals in Boulder have a message.  It may be a social or environmental message.  You have to look carefully to find many of the murals, as they might be on the back of a building, in an alley, or on the side of a garage.  They have some excellent maps to help you out.  Since my mom was with us, we did most of our mural searching by car.  Phil was on a mission to find them all!  They have an 3-bike tour of about 20 miles that will lead you to most of them.  If you have a free afternoon in Boulder, looking at murals and walking around town is a great way to spend your time.  Here are a few of my favorites.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment