Monday, December 26, 2011

It's The Thought That Counts

How many times have you said that when you receive a gift? I know I have said that dozens of times, usually meaning that it's not much of a gift, but at least the person thought enough of me to get me a gift. This Christmas was different. We had decided NOT to exchange gifts with the adults, but you know how some people are (including me), they still want to buy people a little something. So, the gifts I did receive we small and very thoughtful. I don't think a single gift was over $10, but each reflected love and thought by the person who bought it. Here are just a few of the thoughtful gifts I received. 1. A box of scotch kisses from See's (my favorite candy). 2. A book journal, for keeping track of what you've read and and what other books it prompted you to read ( I LOVE to read). 3. A mix of music with my favorite artists, made especially for me. 4. A Starbucks card (always something I love getting). 5. A package of dog biscuits for Pepper 6. A little flashlight for walking Pepper at night. 7. A reuasable soft water bottle (for spin class).

This doesn't sound like much, but it is. The person giving each of these gifts thought about me, what I liked, and bought accordingly. I feel special knowing that people went the extra mile to get something I'd really like. I'm still waiting for one more special gift. It could come anytime now. A new grandchild from Deborah and Phil. She's not due for 2 more weeks but it looks like the baby could come anytime now.

Finally, my greatest gift this year is having Ron home and being able to spend the holidays with him. We're not doing much of anything, but being together, recognizing all we have to be grateful for, and enjoying each other is all I need. I remember back to last Christmas with Rod, Linda and Carole. I will never forget it. Linda and Rod made it so special. It was the only Christmas Ron and I had been apart in over 40 years. That is behind us, and this year was the first of many more holidays together. I hope they're all as memorable as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment