Friday, May 2, 2014

Nothing Says Spring Like a 90 Degree Day

While the south is reeling from tornadoes, and the northeast is still digging out from an unusually harsh winter, Southern California is enjoying weather that is the envy of everyone. The last week in April and we're experiencing September like heat, hot and dry. As I left the Y this morning at 9:45 it was 87 degrees! My first thought was to head for the beach. The waves looked awesome, but the water was still too cold for me. I hate wearing a wet suit, especially a long one, and usually wait until the water warms up to 67 degrees. That's when I can go in without a wetsuit, and after seeing how cold the water was today, I'll wait until early June.

Warm weather also means barbeques, and as I walked through Sprouts this morning and saw fresh corn for 25 cents each, I knew we would barbeque tonight. We did. Barbequed swordfish, fresh corn on the cob, and cooked carrots. A healthy, delicious meal. It made me hope summer is here early, but I know it's not. The weather is expected to cool off over the next few days, settling in at a comfortable 75 degrees. That's the amazing thing about living in Southern California. You either have good weather or great weather. Either way, today was another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment