Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Recent Restaurant Openings in San Diego

Asian food is definitely trending.  Most specifically, look for poke and ramen restaurants all over the place.  I love poke.  I've tried at least 5 different places in the San Diego area so far.  A new one, Good Time Poke, has recently opened on Grand Ave in San Diego.  I haven't yet tried it, but next time I'm in the area I will stop by.  Ramen, too is popping up everywhere.  I went to RakiRaki a few months ago (on Convoy), and I may be spoiled for all other restaurants.  It was that good.  But we now have Menya Ultra Ramen on Clairemont Mesa, too.  The reviews are good, but again, I have not yet tried it.

Little Italy is so hot.  Born and Raised is a new steakhouse, taking over the old Nelson Photo building.  $2.5 million is the cost of getting this restaurant ready for business. It should really be something special.   In UTC's newly remodled Westfield Shopping Center, you can find Mendocino Farms.  It's another farm to table concept, with the freshest ingredients.  The restaurant first opened in Los Angeles, and will be a good addition to UTC.

Coming soon, sometime this year is Shake Shack.  It's another burger place, originally from New York.  I ate there in Chicago, and when it opens in UTC, lines will be long.  Burgers, fries and shakes.  It's a bit on the pricey side, but good.

Well, that's all for now.  I guess I should mention that the Cheesecake Factory is scheduled to open in Westfield Mall, Carlsbad.  Everyone is anxiously awaiting this opening.  I don't know when this will happen, but a lot of Oceanside and Carlsbad residents will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment