Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Michelin Starred (Well Almost) Restaurants in San Diego

 Because of the pandemic, Michelin decided not to review restaurants in San Diego this year with the goal of getting a star.  Instead, they found "hidden gems" in San Diego, relatively new restaurants that are highly rated.  Here they are.

1.  Dija Mara in Oceanside.  I have not been there, but have always wanted to try it.  It is Balinese fusion food, similar to Indonesian food.  It's on Coast Highway.

2.  Morning Glory in Little Italy.  I'm not sure why this restaurant is on the menu.  It's a breakfast place, but it must be good.

3.  Tuetano Taqueria in San Ysidro.  It's a little hole in the wall taqueria.  If it wasn't so far away, I'd try it right away.  Tuetano means bone marrow, and bone marrow taco is one of their specialty.  It's owned by a young woman who's family is in the restaurant business on both sides of the border, but Tuetano Taqueria is owned and operated by their young daughter.

4.  Soichi Suchi is on Adams in North Park.  It looks fantastic, and I may just have to give it a try.

5.  Sushi Tadakoro is another sushi restaurant near Old Town.  

I've got a list of places to try.  Dija Mara, because of its location, will probably be the first one I try.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment