Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fall Dinner Means Pumpkin


 If you're like me, you already getting sick of "pumpkin everything."  Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin latte, pumpkin bread, even pumpkin flavored cereal.  Well, I have a quick and easy dinner meal that you'll enjoy anytime of year!  It's a great way to use up a can of pumpkin.  I call this one dish meal Pasta with pumpkin and parmesean sauce.  Here it is.  When I made it I didn't measure anything.  Sorry about that, but these measurements are close to what I used.  I love it.

                                              Fusili with pumpkin, parmesean and sage

Sauce

1/2 can pureed pumpkin, no sugar added

2 T. butter

2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped

2 heaping tablespoons grated parmesean

Several spoons of pasta water (to thin out the sauce) from the cooking water of the pasta

Fresh sage, browned in butter if you have it.  If not, I just sprinkled a little dried sage in the sauce

Melt butter, add garlic and cook until butter bubbles around the edges.  Add pumpkin, however much you like, and combine.  I added several spoons of the pasta water to thin the sauce.  Then add the parmesean cheese.  Season with salt and pepper, but not too much because the parmesean cheese is salty.

While making the sauce, cook the pasta.  I used penne, but fusili would be even better.  It has more nooks and crannies to hold the sauce.  Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.  

To  serve, simply put pasta on plate, sprinkle more parmesean on top, and add sage leaves if you have them.  This a great fall meal, and especially good for meatless Mondays.  Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment