Friday, October 22, 2021

Maria Empanada is Fantastico

 I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives one night about a week before my trip to Colorado, when I watched Guy Fieri review Maria Empanada, and knew I had to go there when I was in Denver.  Lorena, the Argentian owner who came here with just $300 in her pocket and big dreams, now has four locations.  When Lorena first arrived, she made her empanadas for a friend who served them at a party, where a caterer tasted them and gave Lorena her first big order.  The rest is history.  

I visited the location on Broadway in Denver, and at 11:00am it was still busy with breakfast customers.  The empanadas are probably the best I've eaten.  The dough is soft and flaky.  They even have a gluten free option, so my grandson Lennon was happy.  They serve several breakfast empanadas, one similar to a burrito with eggs, potato and cheese, another with chorizo.  The all day empanadas include chicken chimichurri, beef and peppers, ham and cheese, just to name a few.  There are many vegetarian empanadas as well.

Of course Maria Empanada also has the iconic Argentine cookie.  Shortbread cookies filled with a dulce de leche cream.  Just wonderful.  If you look at their website you will see that they can also be shipped to you!  If you do find yourself in Denver and are looking for a nice light breakfast or lunch, give Maria Empanada a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment