Monday, December 6, 2021

Starship Technologies Deliver Food At UCLA

 In the middle of the pandemic, UCLA began a safer, contactless way for students to receive meals and drinks while on campus.  Thanks to a partnership between ASUCLA Restaurants and Starship Technologies, food delivery is getting safer and more interesting.  

UCLA joins a roster of dozens of colleges and universities that are using Starship robots.  Since its launch in 2018, more than 1 million orders have been completed by the delivery robots.  As you drive around campus, you are likely to see several robots moving along the sidewalk, probably to a dorm or office building.  They travel at 4mph, go up and down stairs or ramps, or even grass.  I read that the delivery cost is only $1.99!  I think that might just be an introductory offer, as my good sense tells me these robots are VERY expensive.  Companies are not only getting into the autonomous car business, but now the autonomous delivery business.

My mom and I went to the UCLA Conference Center's restaurant Paleia, for dinner.  The dinner was excellent.  On the way home, I took a wrong turn.  Lucky for me.  I discovered the robots moving along the sidewalk to deliver food to a dorm.  

If you think this is a good idea, you might want to check Starship Technologies on the Frankfurt and Stuttgart stock exchange, symbol DAI.


No comments:

Post a Comment