Monday, January 30, 2012

First Of The Month Updates

The first month of 2012 is over, and it was a heck of alot better than January, 2011. Ron and I keep pinching ourselves to make sure it's real. He remembers back to last year, specifically to his first 11 days at Taft. When he does that he relives much of his prison experience, but there is so much he has already forgotten. His inmate number, for example. I asked him to tell it to me the other day and it took him a while to recall. This was a number he said 15 times a day for over 500 days, and he couldn't remember it! Amazing. Ron can remember telephone numbers from 20 years ago, yet he couldn't immediately remember his inmate number. I couldn't remember the address, and I must have addressed at least 100 envelopes to him. I think it's because we tend to forget or block out the negative and remember the positive.

Pepper has added so much to our lives. I was two years without a dog, and forgot what an important part of my life a dog is. He's a bundle of energy, love and kisses. We walk him alot, which is good for all of us.

Ron has been playing more duplicate bridge, sometimes with me, sometimes with other partners, and is thoroughly enjoying it, and I must say, getting pretty good. It's one of his favorite activities.

Work is slow to come, but it is coming, and Ron looks forward with enthusiasm to each tax return or consulting opportunity. I feel confident that his accounting work will continue. In addition, he is anxiously awaiting the start of baseball season and getting back to umpiring.

Oh! I forgot to mention he is now a gym rat. Well, not exactly, but he does go to Pure Fitness four times a week and walk on the treadmill. It's great for his physical and mental health. Diabetes is now under control. It's amazing what health benefits come from doing the right thing.

So all in all things are good. I will have my knee surgery this week and hope for a speedy recovery. In the meantime, I'll have a nice male nurse to attend to my every need. LOL. Our roller coaster ride is level right now, kind of the way we both like it. One thing I know for sure, there are ups and downs still to come. That's just life.

No comments:

Post a Comment