Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's A New Year

Another year has come and gone, and if you're like me, you're looking forward to a better 2012. It's been a tough year for many. I try to look at the glass as half full, rather than half empty. Financially, many households have had a hard year. There are signs that things are picking up. I am the eternal optimist.

It's amazing how one's mood and outlook about the future can change so quickly. I have a bad knee that has been giving me pain for almost 4 years. I have been to many doctors and gotten many opinions on what to do. Last week I decided to go back to the doctor before the new year and decide once and for all, what to do about my knee. The doctor did an experiment on my knee to see where the pain was actually originating. When he had finished his little experiment he had convinced me that the pain was in fact beginning in the knee joint and that referred pain below my knee was what really bothered me. So now the solution is easy. Doing the knee surgery should decrease the pain in my knee and below my knee. In 10 minutes my attitude changed.

Now I'm looking forward to 2012, knowing this is the year my knee problem will be solved (or improved) and that I will be pain free.

The beginning of a new year brings new opportunity. Another chance to get it right. My motto is to keep positive, keep thinking, keep growing and keep working toward whatever you want. Ron has been home for 160 days now. To both of us it seems much longer. No, he's not counting the days as he did last year, in fact he had lost track of how long he'd been home. Last week would have been his parents 70th anniversary, and that got him thinking about how slowly and how quickly time passes, depending on circumstances. Time seems to be flying by, and before I know it, I'll be writing my first blog for 2013. Happy New Year All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment