Monday, March 25, 2013

Natural Food Show: Part 3

In this final blog on the recent Natural Food Show in Anaheim, I will tell you about some random products that I loved and hope you will try. All are not yet in the market, but most should be very soon. Whole Foods is the most likely place to find these items. Palm oil is very popular. It's supposed to be good for you. Use it for dipping or cooking. French's mustard has several new varieties. The one I liked the best was the mustard and horseradish combo. Just a bit of spice, but I'd love it on a sausage, bratwurst, hotdog, or corned beef sandwich. Ricks Picks is a pickle company. They have everything from mild to sweet to very spicy. I liked the mild ones. They were very dill, and had a good crunch. Pita Pal is a hummus company. You can find them at Costco. They make hummus, beets and jicama salad, Texas caviar, tabouli and 3 bean salad. All are excellent. Look for Dave's Bread. A variety of breads, all healthy, dark, and dense. I loved Mrs. Renfro's sauces. Nacho cheese sauce, habanero sauce, black bean sauce, and many others. I especially liked the nacho cheese sauce. Boulder Soup Works makes wonderful, homemade tasting soup. It's a young company with a very good product. The tomato basil soup was outstanding. Lotus Foods is a company that works with fair trade farmers. All their farms use a system of planting called SRI, which maximizes production and uses less water. They carry the most delicious rice I ever tasted. Forbidden rice, black rice, and red rice. (and many others) Very nutty and dry, you've got to try them. Bruce Cost makes ginger ale in 4 flavors, all with REAL ginger. You won't believe how different this tastes from what we're used to. Tang's is a frozen food company, selling frozen potstickers made from whole wheat. Very good. Nocciolata is a Nutella like product, great for spreading on bread. Excellent. Geraldines is a cookie company, making a variety of cookies, like Italian wedding cookies, key lime cookies, and cheese straws. They are sold in a small bag, and you will love them. Finally, Sticky Fingers Bakery makes delicious scone mixes, and they're gluten free. I was surprised at how moist they were, and will get a box to keep in my pantry. The Healing Tree is a company that sells theraputic wraps for arms and legs. The wraps are made from a bamboo charcoal. The owner explained the process to me. It has something to do with burning bamboo, turning it into charcoal (not quite sure how that works), and something about positive and negative ions is involved. Anyway, Debbie bought one, and swears her knee feels better. You can look them up online. I mentioned before that Honest Tea makes a 0 calorie sparkling drink. I haven't found it yet, but it was one of my favorite products from the show. I also plan to hunt down Yasso frozen yogurt bars, Good Karma (flax milk), Suzie's quinoa milk, and Lotus Foods rice. Gotta have these products. I hope you read this and try something new. Now, you'll have to wait until next year for more new products.

No comments:

Post a Comment