Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kale Salad With Soft Eggs

On my recent trip to Boulder, Phil made us a wonderful lunch one day from a few ingredients he had lying around. I just loved it, so I will share it with you. Phil doesn't ever give me amounts when he cooks, so I will just repeat what he told me. In just a few minutes you have a healthy salad, full of protein, that even non veggie lovers will enjoy. Phil's Kale Salad With Soft Eggs Kale, buy the flat, leafy kale, not the curly kale marcona almonds parmesean cheese hard cooked eggs, but keep the centers soft and a little runny Dressing: lemon juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil to taste Remove the fibrous stem from the middle of the kale, then chiffonade enough kale for your salad. Pour dressing over greens, then place the greens on a plate. Place marcona almonds around the greens, cut curls of parmesean and place on greens, then cut 2 cooked eggs in half and place on top of salad. Be sure not to overcook the eggs. You want to keep the center of the eggs soft and runny. Serve salad with crusty Italian bread for a delicious lunch entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment