Friday, September 26, 2014

Lima Bean Casserole That You'll Actually Like

I was driving down Leucadia Blvd. recently and saw a sign for the annual lima bean festival.  I've heard about it for years, but have never gone.  Actually, I don't really like lima beans.  The only way I ever enjoyed them was the way my mom used to make them.  I've never eaten them any other way, and I don't think I would.  The lima beans she made were delicious.  It was the sauce that was so good.  The recipe below is close to what she used to make, however instead of molasses and brown sugar as the sweetener, she used grape jelly.  If you like lima beans, this may be a recipe you've never made before, and if you want to get adventurous, substitute the brown sugar and molasses with grape jelly.



Copyright © 2014 The FOURnet Information Network. All rights reserved.
LIMA BEAN CASSEROLE 

1 lb. dry lima beans, soaked
3 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. dark molasses
1 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. reg. mustard
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
Cook lima beans with salt until half done, then drain.  I use canned lima beans instead. Then add the brown sugar, molasses, pepper, mustard, butter, and sour cream. Grease a baking dish and pour in mixture. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment