Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Life In Balance

I've told you many times about my favorite resort for rest and relaxation, Miraval.  I follow them on Facebook, and find many delicious recipes, plus tips for living a healthy, stress free life.  I found this list of 10 do's and don'ts, to keep you balanced and stress free.  Here it is.

                                   

All of these will lead you on the right path, but I especially like #1,2, and 3.   Let go of comparing, competing and making judgments.  Hard to do, but comparing yourself to others, or competing with others will just lead to stress.  As for making judgments, well, I try not to.  Most decisions in life are not black or white, right or wrong.  There are many ways to do most things, so why judge someone for the way they are doing it?  Who says that your way is right anyway? 

How do you potty train a child, and at what age do you do that?  There's no right or wrong answer.  There are many approaches, and the timing is different for every child.  How to boil an egg?  There are even several ways to do this, and neither is more correct than the other.  I try to follow these 10 guidelines to Zen in the hope of maintaining balance in life.  The one I need to work on?  Number 10.  Although I find myself chuckling many times during the day, big belly laughs are rare.  I guess I need to find funnier friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment