Friday, April 30, 2021

Italian Ricotta Pie


 I'd never even heard of ricotta pie until I talked to Regina.  I was looking for a recipe for the most delicious Portuguese custard cups that are available locally at the bakery inside Ranch 99 Market on Clairemont Mesa.  I was having a few friends over for a morning visit and I thought I might serve them.  However, the crust of the custard cup looked so complicated, I asked Regina if she had an alternative.  She sent me a simple recipe for Italian ricotta pie.  The crust was so simple, so I decided to make the whole pie.  What a treat.  So simple, so delicious, so easy.


                             Italian Ricotta Pie


Crust-  

1c. flour, 1Tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tsp salt.  Put these ingredients in a pie pan.  Mix the following:  1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 Tablespoons milk.  Add to the flour mixture and mix, then put pie crust up the sides of the pan and cover the bottom.

Filling

1 1/2 pounds ricotta cheese, 4 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar.  Mix, and pour into pie shell.  Cook at 350 degrees for 1hour, no more, no less.  It will puff up and get golden brown.  

Let it cool completely before cutting.  Dust with powdered sugar.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment