Monday, July 5, 2021

A New Roller Coaster Thrill in Big Bear


 I hate roller coasters.  Ever since I threw up after riding the one when I was a teenager, I've avoided them.  I did ride the Matterhorn at Disneyland, but that hardly counts.  I was watching the news the other night and heard about a new thrill ride in Big Bear, California, that will definitely get your heart pumping.  It's called Mineshaft Coaster, and is surely for you if you love a thrill.

Mineshaft Coaster opened last year, just as the pandemic hit us.  They closed down within weeks, and have finally reopened.  The ride is in Big Bear, California, just east of Los Angeles.  If you want to try it, you can make a wonderful day trip out of it, or better yet, stay the weekend.  Big Bear is beautiful any time of year.

The speed of the roller coaster is controlled by the rider.  It goes up to 30mph, but if you want a slower ride, you can control the speed.  I wish I enjoyed that sinking feeling of going up and down, twisting around, and speeding through dark tunnels.  It's not for me, but many people just love it, so this is an excursion for those of you that love it.  The Mineshaft Coaster may bring lots of tourists to Big Bear, something good for their economy, but I'm not sure it's what the locals want.  I think they like their sleepy little mountain town, but that may now change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment