Wednesday, July 7, 2021

It Feels Like Another LockDown

 I'm having rotator cuff surgery in a few days.  I will be home, but in a sling for 6 weeks!  After 15 months of limited activity during the pandemic, six weeks will just be like a short lockdown.  At least I know I can entertain myself in the house until I'm feeling better.

I've asked many people about rotator repair surgery, and have gotten a variety of answers, from "Oh, it was nothing," to "OMG it was terrible pain."  I'm hoping for the former.  My dog Pepper has gone on vacation to LA.  He is staying with my mom until I'm able to safely walk him.  I miss him already, but I know it's the best solution, as he has to be walked several times a day.  And my friends!  I can't say enough about them.  They have organized a schedule to help me out one or two times a day with whatever I need.  I also have Dan, the wonderful man who has helped me so much since I have lived at Ocean Hills, first as a dogwalker for Pepper, then as a caregiver for Ron.  He is a life saver.

So I will get through this, and be back on the golf course and pickleball court by the end of the year.  Once I'm at full strength, pickleball players watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment