Monday, May 9, 2022

So Much To See Around Miracle Mile

 I was in LA in late March to spend some time with my son Phil and his family.  One of the things they wanted to do was visit the La Brea Tar Pits.  I hadn't been there since the 1980's during my teaching days.  I have bad memories of my last visit there.  I was there on a field trip with a third grade class.  We had finished visiting the museum, and were sitting on a grassy hill having lunch.  One of my students was stung by a bee.  Little did I know, he was allergic, and in minutes, I knew he needed medical help.  I had 33 students and one assistant to help me.  I'm running to the museum to get medical help, leaving 33 rambunctious  9 year olds on the grass.  What a nightmare.  The boy was ok, and all children were too.

The Tar Pits are a great place to visit, especially on a sunny day, as lots of the exhibits are outside.  There are many other museums to see in the area, all of which I highly recommend.  

La Brea Tar Pits

Holocaust Museum

LACMA

Academy Museum of Motion Pictures

Petersen Automotive

Craft Contemporary

Next time you're in LA, visit one or more of these Miracle Mile museums.  So much to see. You won't be disappointed in any of them.  The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures is new, and is still a work in progress.  It has room for improvement, but it does have a great restaurant for lunch, Fanny's.  Make a reservation.  Have fun in LA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment