Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Money Saving Ideas


One of the most expensive monthly items women have is their hair. A cut and color can cost upwards of $130 depending on where, and whether you have special processess, like highlights. Add to that an occasional facial, a manicure now and then and you could be over $200 a month. Well, thank you Lynda, for reminding me about cosmetology schools.






I should have thought of it myself, as my neice is just finishing up cosmetology school in Los Angeles. I have had her do my hair several times and I let her color it too. I know I'm brave to do that, but I figure hair grows quickly, and if the color was not good I could always have it redone. Well, she actually did a very nice job on both the cut and color. When you go to a cosmetology school to have hair or nails done you will get someone who is just finishing their training. Obviously these are the girls or guys to get to work on you. The only thing you will notice is that they work much slower than a seasoned hairdresser. In any event, it's a good idea to try if you want to save big bucks. Below are the prices and services for the Palomar Institute of Cosmetology in San Marcos. There are many beauty schools around, so try one near you. I had forgotten about this until Lynda reminded me, but I plan to go get a facial in December. How about a day at the cosmetology school, facial, manicure and pedicure for $42 plus tip? I'm going, so let me know if you want to go too.




Palomar institute of cosmetology, 355 Via Vera Cruz, San Marcos
Open 6 days a week
Day and night appointments available
Deposits required for parties
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, ATM Debit cards
CUTS & STYLING
Women's Cuts $10, $15, $20--cut only is $5.00
Men's Cuts $5, $10
Kid's Cuts $5
CHEMICAL SERVICES
All Over Color $25 & up
Touch Up's $15 & up
Highlights $25 & up
SKIN & SPECIALTY SERVICES
Facials $25
Waxing $10 & up
Microdermabrasions $35
Back & Body Treatments $30 & up
SERIES SERVICES (Call for pricing)
Hair Club
Facial
Microdermabrasion
NAIL CARE
Manicures $5
Pedicures $12
Gel Nails $17
Spa Treatments $12, $18

No comments:

Post a Comment