Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Noodle Kugel You'll Love


I love noodles, pasta and just about anything that's a carbohydrate. That's a problem for me, and since I've been working hard to reduce, meals high in carbs have been off limits, with one exception. I love the noodle kugel I am giving you the recipe for below so much that I will make a casserole of it, wrap it in individual servings, and dole it out over about a month. It's just delicious. There are sweet and savory kugel recipes. This one is sweet, but not too sweet. It goes well with roasted chicken or brisket. I'm not a fan of matzo kuegel. It's pretty dry. This kugel is moist, sweet and creamy, and loaded with calories. You can lighten it up by using low fat cottage cheese, low fat sour cream, and three egg whites + one egg yolk. Enjoy.


Noodle Kugel

1/2 lb. cottage cheese
1/2 pt. sour cream
3 eggs
1/8 c. sugar
1/8 lb. butter
pinch of salt
1/2 lb. wide noodles
1/2 c. raisins.

Grease a 9X12 inch pyrex pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain well. Put in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Pour into baking pan, and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let it rest before cuting it into squares. It can also be eaten as a main course for lunch, with a garden salad. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment