Thursday, April 14, 2011

Studio Diner Has It All


I love Guy Fieri's show on the Food Network, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Lucky for us he has come to San Diego and has selected several diners in the area to showcase on the program. I recently had lunch with a group of six friends who love to eat out, where we sampled a variety of menu items at Studio Diner.

The diner is located just off the 805 and Balboa Ave. All kinds of people frequent the diner, which is open 24/7. Lots of military guys from Miramar Airstation nearby love the place. It has a movie studio theme, from the sleek trailer look of the building itself, to movie equipment as part of the decor.

What I liked most about the diner was the warm, friendly feel of the waitstaff and customers. Good and plentiful food is really what people go to the Studio Diner for.

Reuben sandwiches, monte cristo sandwiches, tuna melts, spaghetti and chile,lobster pot pies, crab cakes, and salads, soups and every breakfast item you could possible imagine fill the menu. I wish I could have eaten more, but what I ate was delicious. Home made mushroom and brie soup loaded with mushrooms, and a monte cristo sandwich that was deep fried to perfection and served with raspberry jam were more than I could possibly finish. The whole experience was great fun, and I'll definitely be back to try one of their humungeous omelettes, crispy hash brown and toast. So many great places to eat, so little time. I

No comments:

Post a Comment