Friday, May 18, 2012

Slurpee Lite is Delicious!

I can honestly say I've been in 7-11 maybe a half dozen times in my life, usually to get a cold drink when I'm on the road.  The Slurpee always looked delicious and refreshing, but oh, the calories.  They're just loaded with sugar.  7-11 finally figured out that if they made a lite drink, weight and health conscious consumers would buy it.  The first Slurpee Lite, made with Splenda, was just introduced.  I stopped my local 7-11 to give it a try.  I had just finished a long walk on a hot day, so maybe that's what made it so extra refreshing.

I got the Fanta Slurpee Lite, 20 calories per 8 oz. serving.  Besides enjoying this refreshing drink, I also got the brain freeze everyone talks about.  You have to drink it slowly to avoid that.  Of course there are no 8 oz. cups at 7-11, so even though they quote the calories for an 8 ounce serving, you cannot buy an 8 ounce serving.  I think my cup was 16 ounces, and I drank every bit of it.  It was lightly carbonated, orange flavored, slushy consistency coolness. 

New flavors will be introduced throughout the year.  In July, expect strawberry-banana, and in August, look for cherry-limeade. 

In order to get new customers like me, who have never had a Slurpee before, 7-11 is having a special day.  On May 23, from 11am-7pm, 7-11 will offer a FREE 7.11 ounce slurpee.  What a great promotion, and a great way to introduce the public to a sugar free slurpee.  I just loved my first experience as a slurpee drinker.  It definitely won't be my last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment