Monday, December 10, 2012

Cinnamon Butter

Many years ago, when Phil first started his food business, now called Evol Foods, I was constantly thinking of other products he could sell or produce. My first thought was designer salt. Pretty good idea, I thought. My other idea was flavored butter. Honey butter, strawberry butter, garlic butter, apricot butter, for example, all ready to spread in a little tub. You can find that in most markets now. I don't know if it's a big seller, but it sure is convenient. Here's a butter that you can't buy ready to spread, but it's so easy to make, you can have it ready to go in just a few minutes. It's really called "Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter." I don't know why. I guess it was served in some roadhouse diners in Texas. It is so delicious on muffins, bagels, toast and croissants. Once you try it you'll keep it on hand all the time. Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature 1/4 c. powdered sugar 1/4 c. honey 1 tsp. ground cinnamon Whip the room temperature butter with whisk attachment for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar, honey and cinnamon and beat until completely combined and very smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl and turn up speed and whip for a minute or two or until really light and fluffy. Makes about 3/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment