Monday, August 1, 2016

Fruit Smoothie

I'm back on Weight Watchers again for probably the 47th time in my life.  Will this be the time that I get to goal?  I certainly hope so.  I was at the nail shop a few weeks ago and ran into a new friend, Dannica.  I commented to her that I thought she was looking great, and she told me she had started Weight Watchers about a month ago.  I told her of the many tries I had made, and she encouraged me to come to the Tuesday morning meeting, which I did.  I'm so happy to be back on a program that allows me to eat the foods I love.  One of things I love is fruit.  Fruit is a free food on Weight Watchers, so here's my 0 points, almost no calorie fruit smoothie that I can eat any time I like.

                                    Fruit Smoothie

3/4 cup Ocean Spray DIET cranberry juice
1 stalk kale, stalk removed
few sprigs of mint
4 ice cubes
1/4 banana
1/2 cup frozen fruit, any kind

Place all ingredients in a blender (I have a Ninja), and blend until smooth.  Enjoy.  You can modify the smoothie any way you want.  Use fresh spinach, parsley, and chard as desired to vary the taste.  Also, fresh fruit of any kind can be used.  The frozen fruit is great as a base, as it assures you a nice thick smoothie.  No calories, no points, but lots of flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment