Friday, May 4, 2018

More North County Restaurant Openings

I'm so excited!  I just heard that PrepKitchen is coming to San Marcos.  I know that's not so exciting to most of you, but for us in North County, we're always looking for good new restaurants, and more often than not, I'm disappointed.  I know PrepKitchen, and it will be a great addition to the area.  It is scheduled to open in April at Bloc C at North County.  Another one of my favorite restaurants, Hillstone's R and D, will take over the old Bully's in Del Mar.  Their opening is a long way off.  They have had trouble with the planning commission (I know what that's like in Del Mar), and are planning a huge renovation.  For those who haven't been there, you will love it.  Moderately priced, delicious food.  Look at the menu from their Santa Monica or Fashion Island location to see what's coming.  You will love it.

Also in Del Mar, look for Creme and Sugar.  They're originally from Orange County, and they serve tea and coffee, and all kinds of bakery items.  It's in the Beachside Shopping center.  Another hot new area is One Paseo, in Carmel Valley.  Coming soon is Shake Shack and Tender Greens.  Several other well known restaurants have already signed leases.  In UTC, try Sweetfin Poke.  I'm a real poke lover, and although I haven't tried Sweetfin yet, I will next time I'm shopping at UTC.

So there's a list of new restaurants to look for and keep you eating out for a while.  I almost forgot to mention Bentley's in Encinitas.  Bentley's closed several months ago after the owner died, and will become  a Mexican restaurant.  Nice location and ambience.  I hope the food will be as good as the setting.  Enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment