Monday, May 28, 2018

Sushi In Carmel Valley=Zipfusion

I met a friend for lunch in April at a new spot for me, Zipfusion.  It's my new favorite spot for anything Asian.  The reason is that they not only have delicious sushi, sashimi, hand rolls and specialty rolls, but they have Korean food, ramen, bowls and noodle dishes.  In other words, all my non sushi eating friends can find plenty to eat, and it's all delicious.  The restaurant touts itself as a blend of Japanese and Korean cuisine, and it is exactly that.

My lunch companion had not seen each other in quite a while, so we had a lot of catching up to do.  We spent the first half hour doing just that, talking about kids, grandkids and health.  Finally, I ordered lunch for us from the sushi menu.  We had soft shell crab roll, albacore roll, and several nigiri, I think tuna and salmon.  It was all so fresh and delicious and beautifully displayed.  Unfortunately our appetites did not allow us to order more.  They have a big section on the menu of items that are 50% off.  I think all of our food was from that section, as the bill for the two of us was only $36.00.

Zipfusion is so much more than a sushi restaurant.  I saw delicious bowls of ramen brought to one table, and some noodle dishes to another.  Zipfusion offers a number of Korean items, including Korean Hot Pot, or bulgogi, and Korean soft tofu soup.  The menu includes many rice bowls and lots of interesting appetizers.  Beer, sake and wine choices are vast, and there are even some interesting desserts.  It's a great place for lunch or dinner if you live in the Carmel Valley or Torrey Hills area.  If it wasn't so far away from where I live I would be a frequent visitor.  Iwill be an infrequent visitor, but will surely stop by when I'm in the area.

wi

No comments:

Post a Comment