Friday, February 14, 2020

Remodeling Is So Much Fun

Ron and I decided to make our house more handicapped friendly, so in January we embarked on some remodeling.  We widened doors, eliminated walls, changed bedroom flooring to wood, redid some of the tile floor, put in a ADA sink in the bathroom, turned our laundry area into a laundry/pantry combination.

All that sanding and gluing sure does make a mess.  I must compliment our team of workers from Pacific Waters Construction for their excellent work.  They arrived at 8am on a Monday, and by Friday afternoon, most everything was completed.  Johnnie and his team of four worked every day until 4pm.  They covered everything with plastic as best they could, but the dust was hard to handle.  I didn't think about the fact that breathing in dust was probably not so good for Ron, but he survived the ordeal.  I am so happy with the results.  The wheelchair is easy to roll and it is finally easy to get through doorways.  No more banging into every wall and door!

Thank goodness for doggie day care!  Pepper spent every day from 8-5 at day care while construction was taking place.  He was safe, and the workers could keep doors and gates open and not worry about the most important member of our family escaping.  He loved playing all day, and came home exhausted every evening.

People asked me why I was remodeling the house, that it wouldn't add any value to the house, in fact it may depreciate the value of the house.  My answer is that I have to LIVE in the house, and I want to make it as comfortable as possible.  I'm so happy we made these changes to our home.  Life is easier for me and Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment