Monday, March 9, 2020

50 Years And Counting

Ron and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday, March 8.  Where has the time gone?  I started looking at some old pictures of our early years together, and it brought back such great memories.  Our marriage has been a roller coaster, highs and lows.  It's all been part of our five decades of love.  A beautiful family, with three handsome sons that we couldn't be prouder of, three terrific daughter-in-laws, who keep their families going, and five wonderful grandchildren, who I wish we saw more of. 

This is a somewhat sad time for us too, as several close friends have recently died.  Ron's good friend Bernie Drapkin, then the next day Ron's bridge partner, Al Feldman passed away in February.  It makes us think about our own longevity.  Then I look at my mom, age 96 and in good health, and I think I may still have many good years. 

With ALS one never knows the path the disease will take, but so far, Ron is holding his own.  He still works, plays bridge and poker regularly, loves to eat out, and loves to visit with friends.  (mostly on the phone now). I try to make sure that his life is full.  He is a fighter, so I expect he will be with us for some time. 

No one knows what the future holds.  We take each day and enjoy it to the fullest.  We live by the motto,"One day at a time."  That works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment