Wednesday, January 5, 2022

I Can't Believe I Missed This


 I was checking out a new restaurant on Coast Highway one morning, when I noticed Lofty Coffee,  where an art supply store used to be.  Fran, Kristi and I decided to stop there for coffee on our morning walk.  I was shocked when I asked the barista how long they had been open, and he said, "Six years!"  I couldn't believe that I had driven by this corner maybe 100 times over the past six years and never noticed it.

Lofty Coffee began in 2014 in a little storefront on the west side of Coast Highway.  I had never stopped there, because Fran and I usually walk south, so I never had occasion to try it.  I did notice that they were always busy, and over the years had opened other locations in Solana Beach, Little Italy and LaCosta, but I never saw their beautiful location on the east side of Coast Highway, in the old art supply store, in Encinitas.

We walked up a little incline to get to the place, and were delighted at what we saw.  The interior is sparkling clean, neat and looks brand new.  That's when I asked how long it had been opened.  There is a small space inside for indoor eating, and several large patios outdoors.  It is spacious and comfortable, and somewhere I will go back to again and again.

They have a rather extensive breakfast menu which includes, croissant sandwiches, acai bowls, lots of locally made pastries, breads and cookies.  Coffee is delicious.  They also have cold tea drinks, hot tea drinks, and specialty coffee drinks.

The large location we went to is also where they roast their coffee, and the smell is intoxicating.  They have a subscription membership to a coffee club, which you might be interested in joining if you are interested in exotic coffees from faraway lands. 

I was missing the Starbucks in the Lumberyard that closed during the pandemic, but no more.  My new go to coffee shop will be Lofty's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment