Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Scarves, Scarves, Scarves



I recently returned from a European cruise with my mom. One thing I always noticewhile traveling is fashion. This time, scarves are the "in" accessory, both men and women are wearing them. ALL women are wearing them, and they are often worn by trendy young men too.

I couldn't believe it. It didn't matter where we were, Lisbon, Barcelona, Monte Carlo or even small towns like Oporto, Portugal, every women was wearing a scarf. Darn, they had a demonstration on the ship on how to tie a scarf and I missed it! I struggle to get the scarf to look good but it's a great, easy fashion accessory.

I came home with several scarves. The least expensive one was 1 Euro ($1.25), the most expensive was about 7 Euros. I like the cheapest one best. With warm weather just around the corner I won't have much chance to show off my new scarves until fall, which should give me plenty of time to learn how to tie them.

When I travel I sometimes start looking for one particular item, and then even when I have found and bought that item, I continue looking for it. It's all I see everywhere I go. This just happened to me, with scarves and shoes. I had seen a cute pair of sandals in our first Portuguese town, and I seemed to continue to see them everywhere we went. I finally bought them after seeing them in dozens of stores at many different prices. I actually found my way back to the original store I had seen them at and bought them there. I'm very happy I did.

For someone who is not much of a shopper, I did pretty well on this trip. And, I even enjoyed it.! (all women I saw in Europe DID NOT look like the girls in these pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment