Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Restaurants in North County

I wonder all the time how new restaurants get the capital to open these days, but two new restaurants are opening in La Costa and Encinitas. Already open is Union Bar and Grill on Highway 101, in the old When in Rome location. It's a big restaurant, and I will review it next week after I eat there for the second time. The inside has been completely redone, and it's very appealing. They were smart in keeping one small room (on the north end of the property) separate, with upholstered chairs rather than the sports bar look of the rest of the restaurant. I loved my first meal there and will go into detail after my next visit.

In La Costa, on the site of the now defunct La Costa Bar and Grill, we will soon have Ignite. There is no web site yet, but the sign says they will open in June. (better get busy). They mention Neopolitan pizza, with the flour and tomatoes coming from Italy! We'll see what that is.

5 Guys opened a few weeks ago. I have only been there once. It was very busy and noisy at 5pm when I stopped by on a Tuesday afternoon. The workers are friendly and try hard to make sure you are satisfied. It's clean, the food is pretty good, but if you don't like loud music you will be disappointed. Music was blaring. I had to sit outside to even hear myself think.

There is also a new burger place opening in Bressi Ranch, serving grass fed beef. I haven't been up to see when they'll be open, but hopefully it will be as good as one of my favorite burgers, Burger Lounge.

That's all I have to report on new restaurants right now. If you know of anything new that you think the readers of this blog might find of interest, please let me know. I can't try them all, unfortunately, so I need your help in finding and reporting on new establishments. Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment