Monday, June 1, 2020

Beshock Ramen and Sake Bar: Carlsbad

A few weeks ago Yelp listed some new hot restaurants in North County, so one by one, I am trying them.  I went to Beshock Ramen and Sake Bar in the Shoppes at Carlsbad Mall one day while I was runnning errands.  I was alone, so I sat at the bar.  I love sitting at the bar.  I talked to a young man who was a regular there for lunch, so he helped me order.

I had the lunch special for $13.95.  I was a bao bun that was split, and filled with delicious pork chashu, lettuce, tomato, red onions and garlic chips with eel mustard sauce.  So tasty.  Next, I had a big bowl of Umani Ramen.  The broth was so rich and intense I couldn't stop eating it.  The noodles were done to perfection, and plentiful.  The pork chashu was fantastic.  Other ingredients in the soup were green onions, bamboo shoots and half an egg.  They have several other ramen soups available, including chicken and vegetable.  Other items on the menu include seaweek salad, yellowtail carpaccio, brussels sprouts, fried calamari, crispy shrimp roll and much, much more.  The food is fresh and delicious, the service is fast and friendly, the restaurant is small but comfortable and nice and clean.  It's a great place for a quick lunch while out shopping, or lunch with friends.  I can't wait to find a friend who likes ramen as much as me and wants to have lunch there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment