Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Easiest Smoked Trout Dip Ever

I was having a party for my friend's birthday, and I wanted to serve an appetizer before lunch.  One of my favorite dips is a smoked trout dip that is served at Coastal Kitchen in Dana Point.  It goes well with raw veggies or crackers.  I made my own version of it, and it was delicious.  It's so easy you'll serve it again and again.

                                                    Smoked Trout Dip

1 can Trader Joe's smoked trout.  It comes in oil, so drain the oil and remove skin, if necessary
1/2 cube of Philadelphia cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp bottled horse radish, or to taste.  Tabasco sauce could be used in place of horse radish.


In a blender blend all ingredients until smoothe and combined.  Store in a plastic container until ready to use.  I usually make it the day before to allow flavors to meld.  You could also use smoked salmon or any other smoked fish in this recipe.  In fact, if you don't have smoked fish, use a plain fish, like bass or cod, add a little liquid smoke, and you'll have a very similar result.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment