Friday, June 5, 2015

Chicken Wings, Boulder Style

Every time I return from Boulder, I have new recipes to share.  I went to Colorado to visit Phil and his family without Ron last week.  Ron came down with a terrible head cold the day before we were scheduled to leave, and I went on without him.  I stayed at Phil's house, and spent of lot of time just "hanging out."  Watching the kids play, gardening, fishing, hiking and biking were so much fun.  Eating Phil's delicious meals was also a treat.  He teaches me a lot.  I have always rejected eating chicken wings.  The idea of eating chicken with all that skin never appealed to me.  However, after eating the chicken wings that Phil barbequed, I have changed my tune.  I'm making them next week.  Here's the recipe he made, and I will make too.  I hope you enjoy it.

                                                 


For the marinade

Lots of chopped garlic, at least four cloves
Lemon juice, and some zest for extra flavor
Oil
Salt and Pepper

Marinate chicken drumettes  in the above marinade for about an hour.  Throw on a hot fire and cook for about 30 minutes, turning frequently, and getting them nice and crispy.  Baste with remaining sauce as you turn them.  That's it!  You will just love these.  I'm sorry I can't give you exact measurements, just use your judgment. These are really tasty, and if you like a little sweet and sour taste, add a bit of honey to the marinade.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment