Friday, June 17, 2016

Restaurant Openings Around San Diego

Every few months I try to give you an update on restaurant openings, closings and re-openings.  There are many new restaurants that have opened recently, and more on the way.  Let me start by saying I have been to none of these restaurants, but there's a few I can't wait to try.  Here's what I've got for you.

Fireside is a new restaurant in Liberty Station from The Patio Group.  It should be great.  The menu is wood fire and charcoal driven, and it features lots of local fruits and vegetables.  Liberty Station is hot now, and this new addition should give us even more choices in the area.

Red O.  This restaurant will open sometime soon in the UTC area.  I have been to the Newport Beach location (in Fashion Valley) and I would call it "upscale Mexican."  The owner and chef is Rick Bayliss, one of the most well respected Mexican style cooks in the country.  Can't wait for this one.

Herb and Wood is located in Little Italy.  It's the latest restaurant from Brian Malarkey, so you know it's gotta be good.

The Taco Stand.  This is just about to open in Encinitas and I've been watching it's construction for months.  I'm excited.  It's a Tijuana inspired taco stand, with locations already in downtown San Diego and La Jolla, and now Encinitas.  I can't wait to have lunch there after a Saturday walk with Fran.

MotoDeli.  This is a motorcycle themed sandwich shop on Coast Highway 101.  I tasted their food at the recent food festival in Encinitas, and it was delicious.  Sandwiches and soups is just about all they make, but it's delicious.

Vigilant Brewing Company.  Located in Del Mar, right near the racetrack, this restaurant is just what Del Mar needs.  It's owned and operated  by Charles Koll, formerly of Prep Kitchen and Milles Fleurs.

Cucina Sorella.  This is the newest addition to the Urban Kitchen Group.  It's in the heart of Kensington, and they will focus on handcrafted pasts and shareable plates.

The Grill at the Lodge at Torrey Pines.  This restaurant, which has changed hands many times since the hotel opened, will reopen in June, 2016.  They have expanded the patio, with outdoor fire pits and additional seating.  We'll wait to see how the food is.

Rosati's.  Rosati's opened in Encinitas about six months ago in the center with Michaels and Big Lots.  I have heard good things about it, and now I notice they are opening in Vista.  Another Italian choice.  Yippee.

Well, that's all I have for now.  I will definitely try the Taco Stand soon,  and Red 0 is on my list, although it may be a while before opening.  Let me know if you are aware of any openings or closings that I should report on.  Happy eating.  (I stole that from Jacques Pepin).

No comments:

Post a Comment