Friday, July 15, 2016

More Restaurant Openings: Del Mar Area

Thanks to Linda, a long time resident of Del Mar and long time friend of mine, I have several new restaurants to tell you about in the Del Mar area.  Personally, I would avoid most of them until the racing season is over, as Del Mar is a mob scene from June-Labor Day.  Mediterranean menus must be the new "in " thing, as most of these restaurants have a Mediterranean theme

Beesalt Balcony is located above PrepKitchen on Camino Del Mar.  It has a lot of Mediterranean dishes, so if you like that, and want to eat healthy, try Beesalt Balcony.  Tasting Room is also a new spot in Del Mar.  I could not find a menu on their website, so I can't tell you about the menu.  I think they have wine and beer in addition to small plates and lite meals.  The Curious Fork has probably been around for a while, but I just discovered it.  It is a cooking school, kitchen store, and cafe.  They offer lots of cooking classes, in addition to a nice cafe serving breakfast and lunch.  Traditional breakfast items like ham and eggs are on the menu.  Lunch includes several salads, and a number of healthy wraps and sandwiches.  Sounds very nice.  Crudo is opening in Carmel Valley within the next few weeks.  It's the latest restaurant from the man that started Fig and Olive, so I'm guessing it's great.  I will review it after racing season.  Finally, Cedar Grill in Carmel Valley is another restaurant with a Mediterranean menu.  I love the food.  Hummus, dolmas, spanikopita, lots of salads and shwarma.  Give it a try.

If you know if new restaurants that have opened or will be opening soon in your area, let me know so I can get the word out to readers of this blog.  I love trying new restaurants.  Who knows when you're going to discover you new favorite place to eat?  Maybe one of these restaurants will become your new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment