Wednesday, July 12, 2017

I'd Love To Work For Linked In

I was in San Francisco in May while on a cruise with Ron and my mom.  We reserved tickets to the Matisse and Diebenkorn exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art.  It was a wonderful exhibit, and afterwards we visited the museum store.  Mom and I wanted to go for coffee, so I asked one of the young employees to direct us to one of the hip coffee shops in the area.  She sent us two blocks away to the Linked In building.  She told us they had a great coffee bar on the ground floor.

The coffee bar, called Equator, was excellent.  The ground floor of the building is filled with world class art work, and the furnishings give the space a very high tech feeling.  Art work by Frank Stella abounds.  Unfortunately we weren't able to see the rest of the building, but here's what employees of the company can make use of.  First, 18 of the 26 floors of the building are occupied by Linked In.  This gives them room for expansion, as needed.  Each floor has an interactive art installation.  For example, on floor has a fortune cookie wall, where you can pin a good fortune to the wall.  Other perks that employees enjoy are micro kitchens on every floor, free meals (gourmet meals) for all employees, use of a state of the art gym, music lessons for those that are so inclined, and a outdoor deck on the 17th floor, used for relaxation or small meetings.

If you have to work, this definitely the place to be.  I was super impressed with all they offer their employees.  No morale problems at this company.  I'm so happy I asked at the museum for a local coffee bar, rather than just another Starbucks.  I had one of the best cold coffee drinks ever, while admiring the art work of Frank Stella, and I got to learn about one of the best companies in the country to work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment