Friday, September 10, 2021

An Easy Breakfast Treat: Baked Eggs


 Why do we save our best recipes for company?  Don't we deserve to eat great meals every day?  Especially when you are single and mostly cooking for one, it's easy to get in the habit of just throwing a meal together.  I decided I'm worth the extra effort to make a great meal for just myself, so I have started making wonderful breakfasts for myself on Sunday's.  A few weeks ago I made a magnificent dutch baby pancake with homemade blueberry compote.  This morning I made baked eggs with cream, feta and tomatoes.  I was so easy.  It took about 20 minutes, which included 15 minutes of cooking time.

                                                                 Baked Eggs

1 egg

1Tablespoon heavy cream

Salt and Pepper

Toppings:  I used feta cheese and chopped tomatoes.  Other options are lox and onions chopped up, mushroom and cheddar cheese.  Or, make up any combination that appeals to you.

Take a small ramekin and spray it with cooking spray, then crack one egg into the ramekin.  Salt and pepper the egg, then add cream.  (you might want a little extra cream).  Add your toppings.

Place ramekins in a water bath (water should be boiling) about half way up,  cover lightly with foil, and cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Do not overcook the eggs, make sure they are still a bit runny.

Remove and enjoy with an English muffin or toast.  With a strong cup of coffee, this was a delicious breakfast.  Those of us who live alone should remember that we shouldn't just save our good meals for company.  We deserve to eat great food every day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment