Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A Great Summer (or anytime)Sweet Treat


You know I love to cook.  You know I'm always looking for creative new dishes to make, so what I came up with probably won't surprise you.  It's an "ice cream" where the only ingredient is bananas.  Here's what I did.  I took a very ripe banana (even if they're turning brown you can use them).  Break it into a few pieces, then put it in a baggy and freeze it.  Using a Vitamix or Ninja (the motor has to be super strong), pulverize the banana until it becomes the consistency of soft serve ice cream.  EAT.  It is delicious, or you can freeze it, and then it will be more like traditional harder ice cream.

I got a bit creative.  I made some sugar free instant pudding, and added about 1/4 of the finished pudding to the blender, and made chocolate ice cream.  You could add other items, like chocolate chips, coconut, nuts or nutella to make other flavors.  Since I'm on WW, I wanted a 0 point dessert, so I made the plain banana, but for just 1 point you can make the chocolate ice cream.

The trick is having the right blender.  It must be powerful.  If not, you can also make it in a food processor, which takes a little longer.  It breaks up and eventually becomes the soft serve ice cream consistency.

Other options are to freeze other fruit, like peaches, pineapple or berries, and use them with the banana to make the ice cream.  If you use other fruit without the banana, your product will be more like sorbet, which is also delicious.  Experiment and try some of these low calorie, delicious desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment