Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flo's Good Lemon Bars

For as long as I can remember, my mom has been making Flo's good lemon bars. Today you see them everywhere, but 40 years ago this was a unique dessert. The recipe came from my mom's friend Florence, and they were the hit of many Los Angeles parties in the 50's and 60's. There are many recipes out there for these bars, but here is my original recipe. I hope you enjoy them.

Flo's Good Lemon Bar

  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • pinch of salt

Mix butter, flour, sugar and salt and make a crust. Put in 9 X 13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 6 T lemon juice + 1 T. lemon rind
  • 2 T. flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt

Beat together and pour into curst. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment