Thursday, August 26, 2010

What's Hot in North County

As I was getting ready to write a blog about environmental events in North County, I was lucky to stumble upon a web site that is new to me, but is now saved in my "favorites". It's www.hotinnorthcounty.com. You've got to check it out. Everything you want to know about North County is just a click away. What will I write about in the future now that you have this web site to refer to? I'll figure something out.

I was going to write about some of the great "green" events that are happening in North County, but I will save that for another day. I will just share a few interesting tidbits that I found on the new website. I encourage you to check it out. You'll be amazed at the amount of information they have listed. Really fantastic.

I clicked on fairs/festivals and here is just a bit of what I found interesting that will be in our area next month.

The Poway Rodeo will be in Poway from September 25-26. If you've never been to a rodeo, this is something different you might want to try. Go to the website and click on fairs/festivals to find out more.

The Cardiff Greek Festival will be in town from September 11-12. Food, activities for the kids, music and dancing will make this is a wonderful event for the whole family.

I'm looking forward to the Art Splash Street Chalk Fest in Carlsbad from September 25-26. Artists are assigned an area of the sidewalk to draw on, and the results are so really fantastic art.

I highly recommend you spend a few minutes surfing this website. It's a wealth of information on fairs, exhibits, restaurants and attractions. I plan to refer to it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment