Friday, November 3, 2017

More Hot New Restaurants in San Diego

I can't keep up with the openings and closings in San Diego.  I'll give you a few more restaurants that have recently opened, most of them in the Gaslamp district.  I have not tried any of them, as I don't get downtown too often, but I hope to visit some of them this fall.

Curadero is a Mexican restaurant on 5th Avenue.  It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers the standard Mexican favorites, plus some more modern California inspired creations, and they have a busy bar scene.

Hachi Ramen is also in the Gaslamp district, and a place I'd love to try.  They blend California tastes with Japanese technique and ingredients.  They offer poke bowls, sushi, ramen, salads and rolls.  Beautiful looking restaurant and something for everyone.

Provisional and Lion Fish are two restaurants in the Pendry San Diego on 5th Avenue.  Provisional is open all day and night, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour.  It's a California ingredient inspired restaurant, with items like sunchoke bisque and seasonal crab on the lunch menu.  The dinner menu includes flanksteak and fries, sea bass with tomato jam, and wagu steak with mushrooms and local greens.  Lion Fish, also in the Pendry San Diego is a modern cutting edge restaurant occupying a two level space.  They serve fish and seasonal ingredients in a spectacular setting.

One of my favorite new restaurants, in concept anyway, is Tacos Libertad.  This restaurant is from the Cohn Group, and ALL proceeds go to charity.  It's a gourmet taqueria.  Next door, they plan to open another Bo Beau restaurant.  What a great way for the Cohn's to give back, after all their success.

Menya Ultra Ramen is in the Clairemont Mesa area.  It is the 12th restaurant from a group from Japan that have been making delicious ramen in Japan only, since 1994.  Finally, they have opened their first restaurant in the U.S., in San Diego.  Everything is fresh.  Noodles are homemade, using no MSG.  I can't wait to try this one.

Well, that's it for now.  I wish I could find some new openings in North County, but I can't.  Hopefully, we'll get some new choices in Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside in the next few months.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment