Thursday, July 12, 2012

Magic Water Beads

It's when you're not looking for anything in particular that you sometimes find the most interesting items.  I was recently walking through a street fair with Ron and Pepper, when some colorful marble looking balls caught my eye.  I went over to take a closer look and discovered Magic Beads.  Magic beads start out dry, about the size of a large grain of salt.  When water is added, they plump up and become about the size of a marble.  It takes 6-8 hours to hydrate the beads, and then the fun begins.  \

I bought two different colors at the street fair, green and purple.  I plumped them in water, then stored them in a plastic container.  Magic beads come in so many colors you won't know what to buy.  I decided to try out two colors, then layer them in a vase and add cut flowers.  The display is gorgeous.  When the balls begin to dry up (which doesn't happen for a long time), just add more water. 

I liked the magic beads so much that the following week I went to the website www.magicbeads.com and ordered more beads.  They're very inexpensive.  I bought a variety of colors, and have made some cute air fresheners with them.  For example, I took yellow bead, put them in a glass dish (vase), but not too high, added the beads, and a bit of lemon fragrance extract.  Add water to hydrate the balls, and in 6-8 hours you will have a wonderful air freshener for your bathroom.  (these make great gifts)

There are endless uses of the magic beads and  flower arranging.  The best thing to do is go to the website and get some ideas.  If you're artistic, you'll come up with lots of ways to use the beads.

Finally, the beads are very inexpensive.  You can make gifts using the beads or just give the beads as a gift.  Everyone seems to love them.  I store them in plastic containers, each color in a separate containers.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment