Monday, September 17, 2012

As Easy As Pie (I Mean Cake)

I can't take credit for this absolutely delicious  and simple recipe that you can keep on hand for those times when you have the urge for something warm, sweet and homemade.  I found it while browsing Pinterest a few weeks ago, and came home and tried it.  Kind of like the pie in a jar that I wrote about a while back, but much easier.  The key to this one is that one of the cake mixes must be angel food cake mix.  I don't know why, just believe me.  Here's what you do.







Assemble as follows:

1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 box any flavor cake mix
2 T. water

Directions:

Using a large plastic bowl with a tightly fitting lid or a large zip lock bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix stirring or shaking well.

For each individual serving, take out 3 T. of the cake mixture and mix it with 2 T. of water in a small microwave safe container. I like making it in a coffee mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute.  Voila!   You now have your own instant individual cake and it is warm and inviting. You can top with a dollop of fruit or whipped topping if you like.



Keep the mix tightly sealed in an airtight container until used and remember: This recipe is called 1-2-3 Cake because all you need to remember is 3 T.mix, 2 T. water, and 1 minute in the microwave.

It's a great hostess gift, either baking up the cake in a coffee mug, or giving the cake mix all mixed together in a cut container.  Also, how about gifts for Christmas?  People love getting homemade gifts. 

I've only tried the chocolate with angel food cake so far.  My next try will be lemon, and I'll top it with a nice vanilla sauce (take vanilla ice cream and heat it) or fresh fruit.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment