Wednesday, May 7, 2014

More Restaurant Updates

From time to time I like to keep you posted on the comings and goings of restaurants in the San Diego area. I have a few things to tell you, so here goes. Lazy Dog Restaurant in Mission Valley is one I have not been to, but have been told by several people that it's a great, dog friendly restaurant. Everything is made from scratch, and I think they even have treats for the dogs. If you're ever in that area with your dog, check it out. In and Out Burgers is opening in Encinitas. It's a free standing building that should open some time in May. It is behind the Valero gas station and Oggi's, on Encinitas Blvd and the 5 freeway. Carnitas Snack Shack is coming to Del Mar this summer. It will open where The Counter used to be, in the Del Mar Highlands shopping center. It's great. Ironside, a seafood restaurant, has opened in Little Italy. I have not been there yet, but it looks like another good choice in an area loaded with good restaurants. One of my favorite restaurants Jamroc, closed a few months ago. In it's place will be another Bull Taco. Great location, on Coast Highway and Encinitas Blvd.

In Carlsbad, there are two new restaurants about to open, both in the Poinsettia center(Ralphs) at Poinsettia and Avenida Encinas. Right next to Pick up Stix, St. Tropez Bistro and Bakery will open soon. With a nice patio available, it will be great for morning coffee and a pastry. On the other side of the center, next to the cleaners, look for Jerry's Dogs to open soon. Ron can't wait. I hope they're good.

Green Tavern Bistro and Bar has opened in Carlsbad (old Hadley's property). It has a great menu, open for lunch and dinner, and seems to be off to a good start. I hope they are successful. One more item of interest. Check out www.provisions@food52.com. Thank you Debbie for telling me about it. It has so much good stuff for foodies and shoppers, lots of items you might not find elsewhere. If you know of a new restaurant that's opening that I might like to know about, please contact me. The next restaurant update will likely be in the fall. Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment